Joined: Feb. 2004
||Posted: Nov. 27 2005,07:14
Now if you don't care about if they are alive or not and just want shrimp for tipping your jigs.... sheck this out mang....
How to Make Bait Tips for Jigs
You will need an empty plastic quart mayonnaise jar, a box of table salt, and two pounds of peeled and de-headed bait shrimp.
* Cut the shrimp into pieces no larger than one
half inch around.
* Pour a layer of salt a half inch thick in the
bottom of the jar.
* Place a single layer of shrimp on the salt, and
cover that layer with another layer of salt.
* Alternate layers of salt and shrimp until the
jar is filled, and put the lid on tightly.
* Allow the jar to sit for as long as possible,
even for several weeks.
* You may now open the jar and remove the
shrimp, placing them in plastic baggies for
storage and use. Or you may simply use the
shrimp directly from the jar, discarding
the excess salt.
* The shrimp will be toughened enough to stay
on a hook, small enough not to interfere with
jig action, and smelly enough to do wonders
Tight Lines and Tail Winds